What is Gender Discrimination?
According to Pew Research Center, 42% of women in the US have faced some sort of discrimination on the job because of their gender.
Gender discrimination is unfair treatment or hiring practices towards people based on their gender (or gender identity) or sex differences.
Some examples that could be gender discrimination:
- Not being hired
- Being given a lower-paying position
- Being held to different standards
- Being paid less than someone with similar qualifications
- Being denied promotions or job opportunities
- Being insulted or recipient of hostile comments